Sunday, November 25, 2012

Creating a Video PSA

Before I started making this PSA, I had to think about what my message should be. Being a college student, I have seen the effects of drinking too much, which include being destructive, acting foolishly, and getting sick. Because of this knowledge I decided to send a message to college students about drinking responsibly.

At first, I was going to show a group at a party with one person way more intoxicated than the rest. This person was going to cause trouble and end up falling asleep outside. Instead of focusing on the party, I decided to focus on the person getting drunk.

In my PSA, I showed many different shots that insinuated alcohol consumption. For instance, I showed shot glasses being picked up, beer pong being played, and a person drinking out of a red cup. To make these shots come together to show binge drinking, I sped them up by 100%-150% and put them to chaotic music. By doing this I showed that the person drank a lot over a shot amount of time.

I decided to show not only the repercussions of drinking, but also the person having fun. This shows that even though drinking may be fun it can end badly (i.e. getting sick). To convey this message I also utilized a music change from an upbeat, fun song to a song that's slower.



Drink Responsibly PSA Draft

No comments:

Post a Comment