Monday, October 8, 2012

Photoshop Digital Image Creation

When creating the message of anger, I thought about the best way to convey it. I decided on having a human subject, because you can manipulate facial expressions and bodily stance easily. When taking his picture, I tried several different things. I had him stand, sit, talk on the phone, and yell. In the end, I decided upon a picture with him sitting with his arms crossed. His face, while it doesn't scream anger, definitely does not look happy.

I also decided to add a brick background (which was not originally in the picture). I thought doing so would make it look darker than the trees and building that were originally there. Darkness was important in this image because the thought of anger isn't bright and happy; instead, it is dark and gloomy. In order to make this image darker I added a black and white filter and chose the "darker" setting. The darker setting allowed me to manipulate which areas of the photo were darker than others. I felt that having the stone he's sitting on being lighter made him and the brick wall really pop out.

The last thing I did was added text that is associated with anger. I played with multiple fonts, but settled on one that looked neat and boxy. This allowed me to put the words in the bricks and make it look like they belong.

I think in future drafts I will add a little bit of color to this image. Having a little bit of red in this would really make the message of anger clear.While the darkness of this image works well to convey the message, a little color would make it a bit more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment